Author Topic: Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.  (Read 278430 times)

Offline grunta

• FNG!
Re: Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 01:28:16 pm »
Hi my name is Grant I am keen to try this out looking forward to have the time and actually be a part of this.
I am keen on the sniper side of things so any info on the the rifles available here would be great. Also where do you guys get your gear/ weapons in particular, as I still have some gear left over from an alter life I lead a few years ago. Sorry if this is a dumb question but what was the fps rule I am getting mixed up with all the figures I'm reading on different websites at the moment.

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 01:43:11 pm »
Hey Grunta,

Welcome aboard!

We've posted our field limits HERE.

I've also changed your membership status to 'probationary' so you will have access to a few more areas here.

We purchase from a number of places, importing gear from places like Hong Kong or the US. We also purchase locally as well. There are a couple of suitable places in New Zealand.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:23:48 pm by Eightball »
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline R3CON

• AHB Associate
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:25 pm »
Hi Grant, good to see you on the forum. We have a page with links to several gear sites, and are ALWAYS willing to talk about gear etc. Also have a page with our FPS rules, but as a general rule of thumb anything arund the 350 mark is fine for a first gun.

bullets, bodies and bull[sand]

Offline Cribbs

• FNG!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:20 am »
hey all my name is (lukeatroid2) or (luke) im a minor so i play with my dad!! :D cant wait 2 see u all in person!!!

Offline R3CON

• AHB Associate
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27:11 am »
Welcome aboard Luke. Have you been speaking to one of our senior members re membership and requirements? private message Eightball, Porky or myself if not done so already.  Thanks
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:32:28 pm by R3CON »

Offline Amoki

• AHB Associate
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2011, 03:46:55 pm »
Amoki

Amos

Airsofting/Mil-simmer for 4 years with a focus on doing MSOB/FORECON kits

Research Engineer working at Massey Universiy.

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2011, 04:52:16 pm »
Amos, you forgot to mention "gearwhore". Welcome though.
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline Amoki

• AHB Associate
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:25 pm »
Amos, you forgot to mention "gearwhore". Welcome though.

Me, gearwhore? Nah cuzz, more like... trying different things to get some direction in life  :P

Offline R3CON

• AHB Associate
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2011, 07:24:59 pm »
Welcome bro, did anyone mention asian Muithai kickboxing legend yet? if so its a fabrication. what about secret ninja.

Offline Chi

• FNG!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 07:27:55 pm »
Welcome people :)
You got my leathers and helmet sorted Froggy?

Offline Buelly

• AHB Member
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 08:36:05 pm »
Hey All,

Thought i'd better get my arse into gear and join a club, I've only recently started airsoft and I can't believe no-ones put me onto it earlier!!! Me and a few mates have the odd backyard skirmish, all VERY unorganised but loads of fun. Live in CHB out in the sticks (read, no cell phone service and no nosy neighbours) with the mrs and an 8 year old who thinks he's a crusty demon.

I was reading about your open day coming up and hoping to get up to play however, the young fella has MX on the last Sat of every month so I'll bloody miss this one.

Do you have regular games?

Matt
"THEY DON'T GET IT COZ THEY ARE [firetruck]TARDS AND NEED A BEATING"*

*Translated from the teachings of the original GOLDEN DOLPHIN teaching: Some will not embrace the message at first, the deception of their self imposed reality clouds their thoughts and will need to be led gently to their awakening.

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23:00 pm »
We generally play every two weeks. so you should find we'll have a game that suits you. Welcome to our forums.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:26:14 pm by Eightball »

Offline Buelly

• AHB Member
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 09:39:22 pm »
Thanks for the welcome eightball,

I had a nosy through the calendar looking for the next game but it looked quite bare...

I'm pretty keen to get to some games asap.

"THEY DON'T GET IT COZ THEY ARE [firetruck]TARDS AND NEED A BEATING"*

*Translated from the teachings of the original GOLDEN DOLPHIN teaching: Some will not embrace the message at first, the deception of their self imposed reality clouds their thoughts and will need to be led gently to their awakening.

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 09:40:13 pm »
It looks bare, because I'm a bit slack, and generally post our next games after our last game...

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 09:55:11 pm »
Kia Ora.  My name is Brendon, I am 33 and a teacher living in Havelock.  My brother and I are looking forward to joining you all next weekend on the open day.  It looks likes loads of fun and a great way to spend a few hours.   
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "