Author Topic: AAR: Ruawhenua Open Day Sat 3/10/15  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Wasp

• AHB Member
  • Shoot ya later!
AAR: Ruawhenua Open Day Sat 3/10/15
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:44:50 am »
After a great game in the rain two weeks before. And we were lucky playing when we did as the flood came past our
field over the next few days as the rain did not stop!!!, but fortunately not through it.
Torak took some great photos of the flooding if you haven't seen them check our Facebook page.

Saturday dawned cool and dreary, very overcast, but the forecast said no rain so all good. My truck was all loaded and ready to go.
After the big Club meeting the night before at Jarks, I packed my gear, with my batteries already charged (except one I missed...dooh!) and HICaps which had been reloaded straight after the last game, it didn't take too long. Just fill my Russian Army Waterbottle, make sure my radio with battery was on my webbing, grab my game bag,
select a few guns from the Arsenal and I was ready to roll...
As Jimbo and Torak has already set out early to the field, I just had to muster the troops at the RV (RondezVous)point, and head out.
Wasp, Stag, RBeast, Skopezz, Taylor and plus 1, Ghost, Coruba, Wild Card, Colt, Tatz, and BJ accounted for, and we were off.
BJ lead the column with Stag and Wasp in the Rearguard. 1/2 way to the forest my Battlewagon had to stop and pick up Wild Card.
Just before we got to the turn off to the forest, on the metalled road, Stag noticed some big wheel slide marks going all over the road, then when we got to the turn off to the forest, Skopezzz SUV was parked in the middle of the road with the right rear tyre flat. This tyre blew out down the road, where Stag had seen the slide marks. Skopezz was very lucky their vehicle didn't roll.
After Stag got our plan together, we managed to replace the tyre (which had a small screw in it on the edge),
learning a few things whilst doing this job, shortly after we finally arrived at the field.

So, after an eventful journey, we quickly got our gear together. Ghost received his new Partizan uniform and
Russian load out rig, and his Tactical AK that he has just purchased, well done Ghost, looking good mate :o )
Torak read out the safety brief and then sorted out two teams for the first game.
The Honourable Purple team: Stag, Wasp, Taylor and plus one, Tatz, Ghost and Wild Card versus
The dirty Yellow team: Torak, Jimbo, BJ, Skopezz, Rbest, Coruba and Colt.
First game was Flag at each base with 3 cases with clocks spread along the track for teams to set to their team colour,
and get maximum points to win, with the clock farthest away from each base earning double points.
Game started and Purple team pushed forward and got to the 2nd clock, then set up defensive position to cover the 2nd clock,
with Stag heading off on a secret mission and Wild Card providing Sniper support.
However after a good start, the Honourable Purple defensive team had a few casualties and were unable to medic players and were eventually wiped out (less Wild Card and Stag), and had to respawn.
The dirty Yellow team then pushed forward and clicked over all the clocks and awaited the Purple Teams counteroffensive.
With the Purples reincarnated, however with the Yellow team roaming around, the Purples moved up to the Right flank and attempted to hold the first hill. Initially holding well, but spreading out a little too far and with the Yellows superior communications, they outflanked and cut down the Purples again.
Tatz was on the extreme right and providing good fire support from this flank up the hill, however once the Purples were rolled up, Tatz was easily cut down as his flank was exposed.
Meanwhile Jimbo had accidentally blown Stags secret mission by going back to the 2nd clock case and Stag blew his cover by gunning down Jimbo.
With the Yellows alerted to Stags prescence behind them they dispatched a team to hunt him down, and click all the clocks over to their colour.
Again the Purples reincarnated, and attempted again to hold the dominant high feature on the Right flank, however, once again the Yellows outmanouvered the small Purple team, Ghost had pulled back just before this and tried to push forward himself, but got cut down, and even with Wasps gallant charge against BJ and RBeast
(getting gunned down from the side by Coruba) to try and gain some breathing space...all back to respawn once again (ah well...at least it was now only a short walk).
Stag finally returned to respawn, so the Purples decided to try a new tactic and pushed to the left flank this time with Stag and Wasp pushing right.
Wasp was decoy and pushed to the first Clock Case, surprising BJ whom Wasp cut down, but BJ had not one but two support players behind him whom managed to cut Stag down first, then finish off Wasp. With 10 minutes of the game to go and a five minute bleed out, this wiped them out.
The Yellow team now managed to surround and finally cut down the remaining Purple team.

Back to Base Camp to munch into our packed Lunches (yum yum!), a drink and reload.

Next game was VC Trail, with just 3 Ambushers - Stag, Wild Card and Tatz. Some good ambushes were laid, with the better one by the fence which restricted movement,and from the ridge lines. Wild Card did well as a Sniper achieving some good kills...ay Torak :o ) I even got received a Head Shot at long range.
Much further down, along a very long and steep ridge line, the Ambushers caused much carnage to the Ambushees, and
Stag even moving down from the ridge and surprising the Point who were on the track and gunning them down with his Pistol before he was dispatched.
Jimbo sent a squad to assault up the hill to finally dislodge the defenders. After a final shoot out further along. Time to turn around and go back.
Ambushers now being: Torak, Ghost and RBeast. They quickly moved right back to an ambush spot roughly midway.
With Ghost opening up at the vanguard first, then shortly after Torak surprising the Attackers in the middle, this causing confusion in the Ambushees ranks.
Ghost was taken out, then Torak, with the Ambushees sending out patrols around Toraks postion thinking the 3rd Ambusher was there. However RBeast was actually
further down the road in a hastily camouflaged position ready to hit the Ambushees as they moved forward.
Unfortunately I had to leave at this stage so here is where my story ends...look forward to shooting you all at our inaugural Friday evening game 9th October.