Author Topic: AAR: Wild Pines Sat 22/08/15  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Wasp

• AHB Member
  • Shoot ya later!
AAR: Wild Pines Sat 22/08/15
« on: August 25, 2015, 11:28:50 pm »
So soon the opportunity to play again at the Wild Pines, just seemed like yesterday the last great game there.
And, as it is likely to be chopped down soon, it was well worth the long trip down.
The weather had an icy start, and stayed coolish all day,but otherwise was a beautiful winters sunny day.
We all got up early, drove down and somehow managed to squeeze our vehicles onto Frogs property,
just up the road from the field, get ourselves geared up, time for a quick photo and Jaybees briefing
(somehow must've missed the bacon 'n' egg sandwiches Frog???)
17 keen Clubbies and guests were there (and it was great to see many with the new Club 'partisan' camo uniforms),  to trial Jaybees inaugural 'Operation finding a Juggernaut'...

The local 'Militia' managed to intercept two trial super soldier exo-suits and then misplaced them...wtf???
What the ??? were these guys thinking? Too much Vodka huh!...
Anyway, one of the Tech Companies hired the mercenary unit that I work for and sent us in to recover their suit.
We were dropped off and set up a 'Base of Operations' and under Storm Leader Xander's command moved out in two squads to start finding the whereabouts of the suit. Jimbo, Jexla and myself set out and risked ourselves leaping over the deep river, and made our way down our left flank of the forest and found one of the 4 pieces of the suit, and made our first contact with another Merc Squad, a quick exchange of fire and we made our way to another area and found another piece of the suit...awesome! Good news! Our other squad also found the third piece...I returned to the BOA with the piece, but spotted Stag and Ghost moving across the flank towards our Base.
As I was the Team Sniper I moved into a fire position and waited until they were closer to cut them down...but then from another flank I was cut down by Stags back up...after being patched up by our medic...I joined up with the rest of the team who had moved to the other side of the field which was a good position that restricted enemy movement on that flank, plus we had found a piece of the other merc's team objectives...the main body of an exo-suit...so we covered that whilst Xander sorted out the next plan of action. To our distant front lurked a team of Militia in a bunker. Stag meanwhile had managed to force our flank and moved in behind us up the hill and engaged myself, whilst I awaited reinforcements. Buelly covered my flank in a bunker which proved quite difficult for Stag's team to take out. Just as I was hit again, my backup team closed in and took on Stags team, after a vicious firefight, Jimbo forced up the hill, supported by Tatz, and enabled Buelly to pick off the Mercs. With the enemy weakened, our Right flank secured, myself and BUelly safe in a bunker covering this area. Storm leader Xander led a mission to the enemy Merc teams base and secured our 4th and final piece of exo-suit. With our rear and flank safe again Xander took a squad back through our BOA to get the exo suit operational, and hit the Militia pushing our left flank again, then the other Merc team pushed in as well.
Finally, Jaybee and Ghost tried to push past my position in a sneaky attempt to hit our Merc squad in the rear...time for SVD joy and with a few aimed shots in Jaybees direction and finally he collapsed in a screaming heap...change target to Ghost...
fearing the SVD power he managed to cower in a small reentrant to my front, and slowly slinked up and engaged my position with pretty accurate fire, after some time, backup arrived and we shot out Ghost and then with HQ calling on us to return to our BOA we made our way back. Came across Jexla on the way, and discovered the exo-suits were'nt the flash modern Green one in the photo we were given but some 2nd hand piece of black and red battered, dented and still bloody, trial model piece of sh?&8! that had come from some 'Block Wars' mission...however Jexla had managed to get the suit on, albeit malfunctioning initially, but a few bashes and swear words later, kicked into life and caused carnage amongst the enemy (damn 2nd hand pieces of junk from District 9).
The enemy Mercs and Militia retired to lick their wounds. Thinking our mission was over and waiting for extract...when the Super Soldiers suits malfunctioned and they (Stag and Jexla) headed up to the top of the hill.
HQ called back and said they had negotiated a deal with the survivors of the other Merc team to ensure the suits were retrieved. We moved out and up the hill after them, but immediately took heavy casualties, due to the initially aggressive behaviour of the Super Soldiers and were close to giving up when the Jexla suit malfunctioned again and we took it out. Super Soldier Stag was left and was causing tremendous casualties to both teams. Weakened when Super Soldier Jexla went down, and with Mercs closing in on all directions, with guns running red hot...the Mercs fire at close range just caused to much damage to the suit which finally also went down...Stag was finally visiting Valhalla...

Afterwards we had a bit of a social gathering, talk airsoft stuff and catch up with what the other players got up to, followed by a BarBQue and Beers.

Thanks to everyones generosity with the food and company, thanks Amy forbeing a great Hostess, thanks Jaybee for the scenario, thanks also to Frog for allowing us to use the field and his great house again, and finally thanks to everyone who came down and made it a great day!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:52:06 am by Torak »