Author Topic: AAR: AHB1 Club game 03/05/15  (Read 4114 times)

Offline torak

• AHB Member
The AHB Motto: WAFFLE-O
"We're all friends, friends love each other"

Offline Wasp

• AHB Member
  • Shoot ya later!
Re: AAR: AHB1 Club game 03/05/15
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:28:43 pm »
The day started off cool, but fine and warmed up with little wind. perfect for BB's...
15 players were in attendance. great to see Fox and Reaper again, plus Theros, and the Regulars :o)
Torak was DS and Jaybee did Admin...thanks guys :o)
First off was a quick group photo session of our club members in Club Uniform, and then Wrecker decided he needed some modification work on his laptop, which required the help of us all. See the Video clip on our Facebook page.
Torak organised a great scenario mission using Maps, a Radio with pre-recorded eerie music on, Timer clocks and a Safe.
We divided up into 2 team - Yellow and Purple. 8 on Yellow side and 7 on Purple.
First mission for the Purples - my team (and Yellow) was to locate the Radio station and listen for the code.
I set up a blocking force to try and prevent the Yellow team coming in whilst we were looking for the Radio, unfortunately my force was not quite in the right position nor strong enough to stop the Yellow squad of 4 members, who brushed us aside and  quickly located the Radio, and the code, and radioed it back to their Squad leader - Jaybee.
On their way out however they were ambushed and destroyed by my Purple team.
The Purples, thanks to Purple Fox, then got to the radio and their next mission which was to locate the Safe (on the River shingle bed).
Unfortunately, after a few goes trying to open the safe the number pad stopped working, and DS assistance was called in. Next mission was locate a briefcase and read the instructions, location was in one of six buildings.
The Purples moved out through the willows and dense undergrowth, dropped off a small 2 man blocking force,
Purple Stag+1 and Xekious, on our right flank, and made our way to the first building, luck was with us, the case was in the first building. We had to turn the timer on and had to wait 15 mins for first instructions. Unfortunately, several of our members were shot and too far away from a buddy to medic them (30 sec Medic), plus Purple Xander had problems with his Primary. Yellow Stag had worked his way into our rear and took out many Purples, even Rock got caught out by himself, and made it difficult for the remainder to do anything else whilst waiting for clock to tick down, those too far away from Medic were lost and our 7 man team was reduced to 3 whilst the others bled out. Yellow Torak was also providing annoying fire to our front. Our small blocking force was also hit by a 4 man yellow squad, who after a couple of casualties, over ran them. And then managed to hit us on our flank. The situation looked serious for awhile...finally the bleed outs returned, the clock hit 15 mins and the new instructions told us we were at wrong clock and had to find the correct one ...doooh!!!!
With our strength regathered we managed to extract ourselves out of the death trap...I mean building and move thru the river willows down to the next buildings. On the way we hit a 2 man squad, Yellow BJ and Wrecker, and took them out thru superior numbers. Finally arrived at another building and found the case (yaaay!!!), Clock on again (another 15 minutes) and we dug in to hold our position whilst the clock was ticking. Attacked on all sides we held our position. Purple Jimbo did a good job of coordinating defence.
After 12 or 13 minutes waiting for the damn clock, I noticed Jaybee, carrying a Briefcase, in the distance moving at a fast stagger to try and get past our position, so I tried to intercept him at maximum range, whilst trying to get closer to him, unfortunately my mid cap was half full and I ran out of beebs at a crucial time and was coming under heavy fire and got taken out as I was trying to reload and reengage the Jaybee. Yellow Reaper also provided harassing fire.
Our clock finally ticked over, and the new instructions were to find the 'briefcase' and take it back to win the game.
Shortly after his third coronary, Jaybee got the briefcase back and the Yellows won the game.
A good, hard, fun game, with an annoying twist with the 'bogus' Timers... thanks Torak...

After a break, we had a game of virus, see photos below...
a little bit of tooing and throoing, finally one team caught the other team out in the open and cut them down :o)
Another day done and dusted, home for beersies :o)