Linked Events

• AHB Open Game: February 22, 2014

Author Topic: Saturday 22 February: AHB Open Game  (Read 34710 times)

Offline Wasp

• AHB Member
  • Shoot ya later!
Re: Saturday 22 February: AHB Open Game
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2014, 06:02:58 pm »
Yes, a tad warm today, great to catch up and meet everyone :o)
Although I only arrived for the last game - Fugitive.
That was great and a good laugh! Viper was in his new Wookie suit, and I (Wasp) was his partner as fugitives. So we picked a nice, protected, shady spot on a Berm in the middle of the Jungle Trail field and waited for the 3 groups of mercenaries to try and find us...two groups pretty much passed us by and then had a shoot out on the River side, both Squads then walked out after heavy casualties. One reentered back further up and crossed to the river side again, and another squad once again bumped into them and a fire fight ensued well away from us fugitives.
Finally these two squads clashed again on the centre of the berm we were hidden in just 10 metres from us, but as the peripheral members of these squads came close to us, Viper did a great job picking off these members without anyone realising the Fugitives were in their midst. Then I picked off BJ and a few others, Viper continued causing confusion from his position. BJ tried to get Medic'ed but as he was too close too myself and I had infinite lives he had to stand there for most of the action, it was touching to see that his father (visiting from Rotovegas) tried to crawl in and Medic him often (but suffered a number of headshots...dooh!), I caused havoc amongst Jimbos squad by picking off various members. Fox caused a little confusion with her bright red hair looking like a kill rag :o) she was medic'ed a few times but I just had to shoot her again...:o)
Finally however, the squads realised the Fugitives were in their midst and closed in, Viper walked out and tried to shoot his way out, gunning down a number of Mercs until he was captured, Wasp tried to escape by the back door, but Torak was waiting (as he always b(lackie) seems to), and as he has been training for the Zombie Apocolypse with his Shotgun, after several blasts in the back I had to call hit :o)
I was dragged out and used as a shield (b(ackstop)s!!!). But Torak was gunned down by one of his own Squad members, then Jimbo took over and tried me as a shield as well whilst they tried to extricate Viper to my location and thus win the day. I tried to escape but Jimbo was too fast for me and at pointblank range, without using his secondary, gunned me down (thank goodness we weren't on FA :o)). I'll have a beer for that Jimbo ...:o). But Viper was bought in and the game ended...
Was wondering were Xander and his squad had disappeared too...???

Offline Reaper

• AHB Member
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2014, 04:11:41 pm »
thanks to all you guys for welcoming me and fox with a awesome first experience of airsoft had an awesome time will definitely be back!!!! now to go shopping for guns gear etc

Offline Fox

• AHB Member
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2014, 07:26:07 pm »
Hey Everyone
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for yesterday. You all made us feel welcome and we had a fantastic day! We woke up this morning wishing we could do it all over again!!  :)  Cant wait to do it all again! And don't worry next time ill wear a beanie haha  :o
''Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own visions.'' Ayn Rand.

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:28 am »
Cheers Reaper and Fox, was great to see you guys there.
Glad you had a good time, many more to come!
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Offline Xander

• AHB Associate
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »
Nice Summary Wasp! I was wondering what was happening. We got wiped out so retreated to the gate, then were unsure as to whether we could jump back in, by the time we realised we'd already stripped out of our kit. Hence why I was amping to go again after.

I'm looking forward to the infirmary.

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2014, 06:49:37 pm »
My video from Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0p2jDAdnHY

It's not all that interesting, I need to get a "gun view cam" so people can see where I'm shooting at...
The AHB Motto: WAFFLE-O
"We're all friends, friends love each other"

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2014, 07:10:45 pm »
My video from Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0p2jDAdnHY

It's not all that interesting, I need to get a "gun view cam" so people can see where I'm shooting at...

Yes, nice MUG you've got!  Can it not be pointed straight or does it need a different mount?
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2014, 07:16:01 pm »
Cool vid man, yeah can you mount it on the right shoulder pointing down the gun?
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »
It is pointed straight, for when I'm walking/running/etc. The problem is because when you shoot you turn side on it seems like it's pointed on an angle.

I plan to get another camera so I can cut between this angle and a camera mounted on my gun.

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2014, 07:16:51 pm »
@Jaybee: If I mount it on my right shoulder it gets in the way when I look down my sight.

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2014, 07:23:38 pm »
Thats why gun mounts work so well I guess and helmet cam
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »
Yeah gun mounts just suck when used by themselves because you end up with a whole lot of footage of the ground, so your videos end up just being a montage of all your kills from the day. Helmet mounted would be okay but I hate wearing stuff on my head.

I've just downloaded a multiclip editor and ordered a camera to mount on my gun, so hopefully I'll be able to make some good videos.