Author Topic: Full auto legal?  (Read 15492 times)

Offline Cribbs

• FNG!
Full auto legal?
« on: December 12, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but according to one individual on trademe, it is legal to own fully automatic airsoft guns since the 11th of december, can anyone confirm this is true or false?
I'm in a position where my dad and I have an eye on a couple of guns on ehobby so it would be good to know before dad goes and buys something.

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
Re: Full auto legal?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:16:21 pm »
Yes.... But there is a process to go through, and currently I'm not sure what that process is.  It will involve a permit of some kind.
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline Cribbs

• FNG!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 05:38:21 pm »
Yes.... But there is a process to go through, and currently I'm not sure what that process is.  It will involve a permit of some kind.

I assume this is just for importing? Has anything changed in the way of buying and selling within New Zealand?

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »
Nothing has changed in the case of buying and selling in NZ, to import any airsoft guns from over seas you will now need to apply for a permit from the arms officer at the local police department. You have to provide a valid reason for needing to import it such as being a member of an airsoft club. There is a whole lot of other information that I'm sure will be available on our forums as soon as it's fully understood.
The AHB Motto: WAFFLE-O
"We're all friends, friends love each other"

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »
Anyone know if you can import selector plates legit or does that need permit too?
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »
Parts don't need permits. Just full guns. All they're trying to do is reduce the circulation of replica firearms.
The AHB Motto: WAFFLE-O
"We're all friends, friends love each other"

Offline Cribbs

• FNG!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 08:19:40 pm »
Parts don't need permits. Just full guns. All they're trying to do is reduce the circulation of replica firearms.

Someone should capitalize on this while they can and order over a bulk load of selector plates.

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 08:38:07 pm »
sweet I'm gonna do an ehobby order soon me thinks

Offline tich

• AHB Associate
  • "When you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk"
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 09:02:04 pm »
Ak selector plates are available in Auckland, last time I looked.

I think FA opens new opportunities at certain points in particular scenarios, being on semi most of the time but able to flick to FA when appropriate is something I'm looking forward to as I feel it adds to the realism.

One thing to consider is the extra stress and strains put on gearbox's, batteries and switch's  though, especially for guns firing high FPS when running on FA for prolonged periods rather than periodic burst fire.

2gd4u

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 09:19:16 pm »
I would think it adds more stress being semi only as every shot you are forceing the gearbox to come to a complete stop. When asnz went semi only I have seen a high increase in gun jams and problems!

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »
Ak selector plates are available in Auckland, last time I looked.

where g?

Offline Cribbs

• FNG!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 10:05:11 pm »
where g?

Check out ASGC's new products page.

Bolo

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 11:30:03 pm »
Check out ASGC's new products page.

yup, ASGC New products page is crawling with them!

Bolo

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:44 pm »
and it also seems that ASGC are selling full auto weapons now too

Offline Buelly

• AHB Member
"THEY DON'T GET IT COZ THEY ARE [firetruck]TARDS AND NEED A BEATING"*

*Translated from the teachings of the original GOLDEN DOLPHIN teaching: Some will not embrace the message at first, the deception of their self imposed reality clouds their thoughts and will need to be led gently to their awakening.