Author Topic: Any SCAR and SIG 551/552 owners?  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Xander

• AHB Associate
Any SCAR and SIG 551/552 owners?
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:51:24 pm »
Hi fellas,
I'm looking to buy my first gun and love the feel of the SCAR, but have heard of jamming issues occuring. Do you own one? What is your thoughts and experience with it?
Alteratively a SIG 551/552 also felt pretty good to hold and shoot. What is your experience with it?

Offline Kurt

• FNG!
Re: Any SCAR and SIG 551/552 owners?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:11:25 am »
I don't know anything about scar's except they're ugly, like a scar. Sig's however look Boss and are version 3 so are a pretty safe first gun. No idea how hard they are to strip though. Frog will know

Offline FROG

• AHB Management
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:19 am »
Yeah i have a sig 552 and its been a great gun, pretty easy to modify, nice and light, easy to use etc. Done alot of work to mine and shes a minter. Let me know i can bring it along to a game sometime and show you. And Kurt is right, Scars are the ugliest gun on the planet.
If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out.  More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation:  The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge.  Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

Offline Buelly

• AHB Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:50:04 am »
Scars are the ugliest gun on the planet.

Wait, wait! what about your P90's Froggy?
"THEY DON'T GET IT COZ THEY ARE [firetruck]TARDS AND NEED A BEATING"*

*Translated from the teachings of the original GOLDEN DOLPHIN teaching: Some will not embrace the message at first, the deception of their self imposed reality clouds their thoughts and will need to be led gently to their awakening.

Offline FROG

• AHB Management
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 09:11:27 am »
Wait, wait! what about your P90's Froggy?

Ahh right the p90, a great gun (if its real) otherwise the worst airsoft gun ever, and i own 2 dammit.
If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out.  More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation:  The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge.  Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

Offline Wasp

• AHB Member
  • Shoot ya later!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 02:20:02 pm »
Well done Frog, a brace of dud Guns... :o)

Offline Xander

• AHB Associate
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »
Yeah i have a sig 552 and its been a great gun, pretty easy to modify, nice and light, easy to use etc. Done a lot of work to mine and shes a minter. Let me know i can bring it along to a game sometime and show you. And Kurt is right, Scars are the ugliest gun on the planet.

Hey FROG, is there a game on this weekend?

I was looking at getting this one: http://armory.co.nz/estore/style/ics-252.aspx

I was going to add a cheek rest and acog to it in the future.

What are your guy's thoughts about my gun and attachment selections?

I'm not a member yet, I have 1/3 games left before I can become a probationary member. So I was told my gun has to be 350fps or less til I'm a full member.

Offline FROG

• AHB Management
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 06:11:01 pm »
Thats the exact gun i have but with an extended tight bore barrel underneath a fake silencer because the barrel is only as long as a p90, if you want something thats really really reliable, i would seriously get some type of ak47 or ak74 off of the wgc site.

There is a training day on at the hospital this Sunday so feel free to pm BJ and ask to come. Flick us a pm if you want to know more. :)

Offline Xander

• AHB Associate
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »
The training day today was AWESOME.

I've just discovered the Magpul Masada. Do any of you guys own one or know anything about them? Looks like a good alternative to the SCAR.

Offline Wasp

• AHB Member
  • Shoot ya later!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 08:36:44 pm »
I've got one, however have to date only used it once. Worked O.K. for me.

Offline Xander

• AHB Associate
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 08:01:54 pm »

So after much deliberating I was thinking of getting this for my primary: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-masada-sv-special-edition-aeg-dark-earth.html

Comes with sights that combined would cost over US$110

Shipping is US$72. At current conversion rates it makes it NZ$478, conversion to semi-only is free.
I asked ASGC how much a magpul masada PTS would be and they said when they get  it in it'll be $569.
Are there any hidden costs or dangers I missed by getting it from ehobby?

Also was thinking of this for my secondary: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smgs/tokyo-marui/gas-pistol/tokyo-marui-foliage-warrior.html ASGC is selling it for $320, which is a $120 mark up after currency exchange. . .
Or else I was thinking a KJW M9 or 1911, but am not sure what model to get, there seems to be a lot.
I bought a WE a couple of years back and it was [sand], after a short while the trigger started letting out too much gas and it is apparently unfixable. But I hear WE has picked up their game in the last two years and make good handguns now.

What are your thoughts?

Offline Kurt

• FNG!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 08:06:52 pm »
(gun price + shipping) * 15% GST + customs processing fee(?)

Try keep the total including shipping under $400 and you won't have the GST  cost

Offline Kurt

• FNG!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 08:07:44 pm »
I have a KJ M9, its awesome

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:25 pm »
I have a KJW 1911-KP05 awesome gun
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline Xander

• AHB Associate