Author Topic: Polish GROM  (Read 17914 times)

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
Polish GROM
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:23 am »
I've decided that my next inspiration for a loadout is going to be Polish GROM.

Quote from: from Wikipedia
GROM (full name: Polish: Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno-Manewrowego (Operational Mobile Reaction Group); the acronym itself means "thunderbolt") is one of five special forces units of the Polish Armed Forces. It was officially activated on July 13, 1990.[1][2] It is deployed in a variety of special operations and unconventional warfare roles, including anti-terrorist actions and projection of power behind enemy lines.
The unit's other name is Jednostka Wojskowa 2305 (Military Unit 2305).
  • 2003–2004, 2007–2008 – GROM soldiers took part in the Operation Iraqi Freedom. Also operated in Iraq after May, 2003.
  • 2007–present – GROM is a part of Special Forces in Afghanistan, as Task Force 49, operating in Ghazni Province.

Potential Kit List:
Polish GROM Patches
FAST Helmet + Goggles/Glasses + Neck gaiter/Balaclava + Sordins/Comtacs
Multicam Clothing + Gloves + Hiking Boots
Tan or Multicam Plate Carrier
HK416 10.5D + XPS3-2 + DBAL-i2 + M952V
HK45 Pistol

Here's a few images, obviously the kit would work for a few other Special Forces groups, with a few minor changes:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:10:26 am by Eightball »
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:07:30 am by Eightball »
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

callum24

Re: Polish GROM
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:54:38 pm »
Nice idea Eight. Heard of these guys.....i like this force. From the research i have done they mainly only do Counter-Terrorism operations now.
Send me a link if you are able to find that PC/Chest rig from the first pic.

As for the 4th and 5th pic, you will notice they are wearing tact. glasses. You can buy a pair of legit ones from R60...Jack and I both have 'em. Yellow, Clear and Black, ESS ICE (http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/controlpanel/shoppics/ESS-ACC-740-0019.jpg)

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
Re: Polish GROM
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »
Thanks Colt.

The vest looks like it's the NFM Group manufactured version of the LBT 6094 called GRID. Although some of the other pictures show them wearing  a version of the Diamondback Tactical Fast Attack Plate Carrier. There's also these ones:

http://eu.specops.pl/index.php/offer,integrated_ballistic_vests

GROM are still operating in Ghazni Province, in the same role many other SF groups are performing.

Also, there's a few Polish Special Forces units, not just GROM. GROM aren't just Counter-terrorism either. They have a pretty substantial presence world-wide - The Poles are punching far above their weight.

There's also FORMOZA, and 1PSk.

There are various manufacturers of those style ballistic glasses. ESS are alright - pretty cheap too. There's also "Oakley SI", and "Revision" to name a few.. I prefer my Oakleys.