Author Topic: Western Arms GBB series... win or fail?  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
Western Arms GBB series... win or fail?
« on: June 11, 2012, 04:55:20 pm »
I'm seeing a few of these Western Arms 'custom' lookin gbb pistols popping up on ehobby asia.
LINK HERE
What are your thoughts? Win or Fail? I reckon some look fly, and some look a bit cosplay..

Western Arms Ed Brown Jeff Cooper Commemorative

Western Arms SCW3 SVI 4.3 Splash Black

Western Arms SCW3 Government Black

Western Arms SCW3 SVI 4.3 Splash Pink
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
Re: Western Arms GBB series... win or fail?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »
Hmmmmm, personally fail.  Has the potential to be cool but need some better designs.  The ergo grip could be good.
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:00:43 pm »
Western Arms do some friggin' awesome replicas of real pistols. From what I have heard (keep in mind this is 3rd or 4th hand info so don't quote me or base any buying decision on it... do your own damn research :P) they look awesome, but their blow back system can be finicky/not work the best/something to that effect. i.e. Great wall hangers, not so good for actually playing with.

Now... look at this for how well they replicated the Kimber Pro CDP II:

It's hard to tell in the picture, but yes the WA has the CORRECT markings on the slide.
"This thread has just stuck its head up its own arse and is back where it started.."

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:04:05 pm »
Thats a nice one Windos
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:35:23 pm »
All the WA Gas pistols closely mimic realworld pistols internally, but as such are notoriously fragile, and prone to major accuracy issues. Noone in their right mind would use a WA pistol as anything other than a show piece. They are insanely expensive compared to other pistols, and risking damage to them is crazy...

That said, some of the various models they make do look very very cool.
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman