Author Topic: Real Steel 1911 Pics  (Read 36079 times)

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
Real Steel 1911 Pics
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:43:16 am »
It's 2011, one hundred years since my favourite pistol was adopted by the US Army. What better time to show off some of my favourite anniversary mode.... hot hot, hot  :o

Post your favs (not just anniversary models.)
"This thread has just stuck its head up its own arse and is back where it started.."

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
Re: Real Steel 1911 Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:10:22 am »
I love the Colt 1911 Government Model, even though it's not as blingy as above i reckon it's awesome :D

(Click on pic for source)
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:51:34 am »
Jay,

generally a model is determined by the components rather than the "bling" engraving.

eg. For the 1911 Government it's The curved mainspring housing, the hammer, the trigger, the fixed sights, and the lack of beavertail. only one of the 1911's in Josh's post isn't a government model (third one down, with commander hammer, and bomar sights).

EDIT: Actually i'm wrong, 3 of the MSH's are flat - making them non-government standard.

My preference would be Castor Troy's 1911s:

Castor Troy's (Nicolas Cage) weapons of choice are two gold titanium nitride plated Springfield Armory M1911-A1 V-10s fitted with custom gold inlaid grips, that he keeps in two small-of-the-back holsters. Among the obvious modifications to the guns include skeletonized hammers, beavertail grip safeties, ambidextrous slide stop safeties, target sites, moderately bevelled magazine wells, and V-10 ported slides/barrels.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:54:13 am by Eightball »
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline R3CON

• AHB Associate
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:42:42 am »
Did someone say bling?

I like the drug lord versions, very flashy, often with religeous icons on the grips. Alot of them actually tell stories on the engraving. Body counts, welth, how they rose to power. Its quite cool.....in a very bad way. But it reminds me of tribal art etc.

This one is alittle more useful, and available (its an ACP, not sure if its allowed in the list. FA can remove if required. I just LOVE pearl Grips!!)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:21:13 am by R3CON »
bullets, bodies and bull[sand]

Offline BJ

• AHB Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 04:06:27 pm »
Do some work people!  However while I'm here Castor Troy's 1911's rock.

@8 Your knowledge boggles my mind! :o
"The AK-47. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every bastard in the room, accept no substitutes "

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:13:15 pm »
I'm a nerd.
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 04:47:36 pm »
There's a few of us who look at way to many pictures, watch far to many videos and read far too many websites :P

For a tactical look these are my favourite Kimbers:

Custom Covert ii

DesertWarrior

Don't complain about the size, they came straight from the Kimber site at that resolution!

Main things you'll find on these types of guns is the skeletonized hammer and trigger (though the DesertWarrior has a solid one), forward cocking serrations, radioactive Tritium night sights and pretty much everything that can have the phrase "match grade" in it, like the barrel.

They also have flat main spring housings, which can be a pain for people who have trained on an Army m1911a1, which have a rounded one.
"This thread has just stuck its head up its own arse and is back where it started.."

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »
lol 8 I agree with BJ there

Since we dropping movie gun bombs.. Pulp Fiction! This is the one used accidentally on Marvin (didn't end well)
Hitman Vincent Vega (John Travolta) carries a chromed .45 Auto Ordnance 1911A1 with pearl grips as his handgun

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »
One of my fav movies for 1911s is Street Kings.

Custom Colt MK IV Series 80 (Keanu Reeves character's "off duty" pistol)

You'll have heard me mention LaZouche Custom Shop before, the guy there has done an airsoft version of this Pistol; not a big mission really, just silver controls on a black slide and frame (obviously you need to get picky about the EXACT controls to use though :P)

Kimber TLE II (Two of the detectives have these, with the SureFire flash light)

Colt Mark IV Series 80 Combat Elite (Random Korean bad guy)

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »
Couple more pics because I'm bored and randomly trolling the internet.

And here is an example of the real steel MEU(SOC), of which three people around here own Tokyo Marui replicas. What I wouldn't give for a metal conversion kit with that warn look already established (c'mon, it's like buying faded jeans :P)

And yes it grates me that the TM replica doesn't have that rear sight (made in house by the Marine armourers before they started using Novak's sights) and commander style hammer so it it looks like one of the earlier MEUs >:(

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 10:23:18 pm »
Custom pistol for George W. Bush

By Sig... for Blackwater

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »
Not sure where these two come from... but the heraldic engravings make me think it was either done in England or made for someone from England

Here we see Master Engraver Rene Ondra putting the finishing touches on a stainless Dan Wesson 1911

Another Rene Ondra engraved pistol (it may actually be the one above but the front strap has a large smooth area right around where you can see the above pistol being worked on)

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 11:28:10 am »
Couple of Officer size 1911's

Colt Officer's ACP Mk IV Series 80

Springfield Armory Loaded Ultra Compact

Detonics Combat Master - I do want to pick up a Tokyo Marui version of on of these.

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:58 am »
PREDATOR TACTICAL SHRIKE .45 ACP
Viciously effective big-bore 1911 custom-made by superior craftsmen!
Built from stainless steel and using only premium parts, the Predator Tactical Shrike is a custom gun that should meet the most demanding criteria of serious shooters, whether they are high-speed operators or top-ranked competitors.

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 08:56:50 pm »
1911's need more love!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:58:57 pm by forumadmin »